Re: IR mini emitters and Sky+ box

It will be a pulse width thing, the xantech etc recievers seem to
lengthen the duty cycle of the recieved signal.

Get one that demodulates and re-modulates the signal and Im 90% sure the
problems will go away.

Also, FWIW, I had a normal IR led glued to the front of a NZ sky box
with a 200k resistor inline with it, that is how high I had to go before
the signal was weak enough to not leak out from under the black duct
tape and trigger the box on the next rack shelf up.

I think it was reflecting off the glass rack door.

Paul Gale wrote:
> I'm having a few troubles with controlling my Sky+ box (located in
> Node0). I've got a couple of different makes of mini emitters
including
> some Xantech 283M mouse emitters. It seems that the transmitted IR
> signal is too strong for the Sky+ box as it sometimes only recognises
1
> out of 10 or so button presses when the emitter is directly over the
IR