Re: CBus introductory course

Hi Paul
the higher the current the greater the inductance would be ...so i believe
its better to split your C_Bus circuit ie upstairs on one leg and down
stairs on another....

>I was also wondering about the problems with mixing >cbus cables
with
>LAN/phone/Kat5 etc. Niall is strongly opposed to >this - not for
what it will
>do to cbus, but for what the cbus currents might do >to data cables.

I have run my c_bus along other cat5,s with no problems..but my runs are
short...If he suggests keeping a space between C_Bus and others well do the
best you can .....Do you honestly think when guys are installing cat5,s in
multi storey building the stick to the rules ??? I doubt it very much and
they are noisy and inductive installations .......

Frank

Have you run cbus cat5 next to data cat5?

I know you can daisy chain or star wire, but I was wondering whether this
affected any cross-cable inductance problems. In other words, if you
star-wire and have 14 cat5 cables each running 18mA, will this produce
more,
less or the same interference as 1 cat5 carrying 14*18mA.

I was also wondering about the problems with mixing cbus cables with
LAN/phone/Kat5 etc. Niall is strongly opposed to this - not for what it
will
do to cbus, but for what the cbus currents might do to data cables.

Have you run cbus cat5 next to data cat5?

Paul