Re: CBus introductory course

Hi Paul

>CBus runs (supposedly) at 36V DC but in practice >will run at around
30V
>(ish). Cbus units will happily work down to 15V, >and if units are
added in
>series, the voltage will drop. Most units use 18mA. >In my case, I
will use
>14 switches and an (at present) unknown number of >PIRs,
light/temperature
>sensors etc. This means my switches (alone) will >draw about 14*18 =
252mA.

I think you mean if conected in parallel  rather than series..I have ATM 10
units on the bus and if i connect another couple the C_Bus light on the pc
interface starts flashing to indicate bus power getting low (i think)...I
still require another dimmer so i will get one *with* a power supply and
that should fix it....Use seperate runs for upstairs and downstairs to
split the load on the cat5 that should help... i think the cat5 is rated
around 300mA.......

You can daisy chain or star wire .....

HTH

Frank