From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] CBus introductory course

> Hi Paul
>         the higher the current the greater the inductance would be
...so i
believe its better to split your C_Bus circuit ie upstairs on one leg and
down stairs on another....

> >I was also wondering about the problems with mixing >cbus
cables with
> >LAN/phone/Kat5 etc. Niall is strongly opposed to >this - not
for what it
will
> >do to cbus, but for what the cbus currents might do >to data
cables.

> I have run my c_bus along other cat5,s with no problems..but my runs
are
short...If he suggests keeping a space between C_Bus and others well do the
best you can .....Do you honestly think when guys are installing cat5,s in
multi storey building the stick to the rules ??? I doubt it very much and
they are noisy and inductive installations .......

> Frank
>

> Have you run cbus cat5 next to data cat5?

produce
more,
>   less or the same interference as 1 cat5 carrying 14*18mA.
>
>   I was also wondering about the problems with mixing cbus cables with
>   LAN/phone/Kat5 etc. Niall is strongly opposed to this - not for what
it
will
>   do to cbus, but for what the cbus currents might do to data cables.
>
>   Have you run cbus cat5 next to data cat5?
>
>   Paul

run at around
30V
>   > >(ish). Cbus units will happily work down to 15V, >and if
units are
added
>   in
>   > >series, the voltage will drop. Most units use 18mA. >In
my case, I
will
>   use
>   > >14 switches and an (at present) unknown number of >PIRs,
>   light/temperature
>   > >sensors etc. This means my switches (alone) will >draw
about 14*18 =
>   252mA.
>   >
>   > I think you mean if conected in parallel  rather than series..I
have
ATM
>   10 units on the bus and if i connect another couple the C_Bus light
on
the
>   pc interface starts flashing to indicate bus power getting low (i
think)...I
>   still require another dimmer so i will get one *with* a power supply
and
>   that should fix it....Use seperate runs for upstairs and downstairs
split
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/