[OT] two way radios (Walkie Talkies)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] two way radios (Walkie Talkies)
  • From: "Pedro de Oliveira" <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:38:28 +0100

Hi

SWMBO and I work just over 600m away from each other in different
buildings and we would like a way of talking to each other without using
our mobile phones (which has got expensive). Using two way radios would
have the added advantage that we can use them when outdoors as well
(hiking, parakarting etc...). Now to the question:

Does anyone have any recommendations of two way radios or know what to
avoid?  I have been looking at the Motorola T5522 models but I can't
find anyone or any site that has reviewed and compared them against
other models.

I would be interested in anyone's personal opinions on these or other
models.

Cheers
Pedro