RE: KAT5 Do I need a widget ? :-)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Do I need a widget ? :-)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:23:02 +0100

If the picture quality, brightness and contrast are OK the majority of the
time then it is unlikely to be a problem with signal level.

As you only have a problem with the projector then it seems that for some
reason the projector is unable to clamp the "Black Level"
correctly causing
it to loose sync when a bright scene occurs. Try adding a resistor across
pins 19 and 17 of the SCART plug from the KAT5 Receiver to load the output
bit more and see if that clamps the black level.

Start with something like 1K or 470ohm and work down until things are
stable. If you go too low the picture will be too dark.

Thats the only thing I can think of having exhausted all other things I can
think of. If I remember correctly, your projector is an Ellie XS2000HT isnt
it ?

Anyone else have one of these ?

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk