RE: RF vs KAT5 video distribution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RF vs KAT5 video distribution
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:27:21 +0100

Hi Rob,

You can connect all your sources to a SCART switcher and feed the KAT5 TX
with that. You can daisy chain to multiple receivers, one per room.

Coax is still needed for your normal terrestrial broadcasts but any
modulated source you put on your aerial system will only have Composite
video quality (at best!) with MONO sound. You are unlikely to be happy with
the PC even at 640x480 if you are using any text based content if you
distribute it by RF as the text will be very poor. S-Video should be
considered the minimum for distributing a PC output.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv