Introductory

Hi Guys,

So you want an introductory?  hmm what can I say,  I
quite a newbie with this stuff although I like my
gadgets.  Currently my home setup consists of many
computers (22 last count)  1 Linux server that runs
all my X10 kit currently only a few light switches,
and appliance modules and a CM12 controller. Although
I'm looking to expand this and need some advice, my
reason for joining this group.

I have other Linux machines which form my music
server, used to stream around 13000 mp3s around the
house via a wired and wireless network to any room,
most of which contain laptops and an amp and another
that contains the house library of ebooks.

Irrigation system for the garden controlled currently
by an idependate computer timer module from Hozelock.

Currently I have Web and Wap access to control the X10
via apache and bluelava, and a server monitoring
system of Bigbrother and MRTG.

In the future I'd like to add an caller ID module so
that I can see whos called via the web then call the
answer phone to see if there was a message,
temperature logging for X10 based events on
temperature and graphing for my pleasure.

I tried Misterhouse for a while and didnt like it,  it
seems that its a little to complex for my neads at the
moment.

Hope that a suitable introduction and I've not waffled
on too much.

regards
David