Re: Re: Cat5e/Cat6 100/350Mhz LS0H/PVC - commentsplease...

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:58, Graham Howe wrote:
> IR, low voltage, phone etc etc. What exactly would anyone need the
> higher standard for?

The only reason I can think of is the same reason you fit more cat5 than
you need now.

Who knows what killer app/hardware will come along in 3 or 4 years time
that needs higher bandwidth, and I bet that it'd work out roughly the
same to install it now against to rip out the cheaper cat5e now and
installing cat6 when it's the same price as cat5e.

--
Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not
enable you to fly."