Re: Cat5e/Cat6 100/350Mhz LS0H/PVC - comments please...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cat5e/Cat6 100/350Mhz LS0H/PVC - comments please...
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:58:44 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@h...> wrote:
> Just got this from my brother in law, who works in R&D for a cable
> company

<snip>

Now why doesn't it surprise me that someone working in R&D for a
cable company recommends the latest and most expensive cable
options ;)

Seriously, there is no need for anything other than properly
installed Cat5e in the domestic environment. It can do 10/100/1000
for data, works fine for video and audio (Kat5's), does alarm stuff,
IR, low voltage, phone etc etc. What exactly would anyone need the
higher standard for?