Re: Chocolate XBox

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Chocolate XBox
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:09:20 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Sean Stratton" <groups@t...> wrote:

> I find it distasteful that they are still putting
> out the advert and not letting you check the shop
> till after you have registered. They have now pulled
> the Xbox advert but continue to display the logos
> all over the site.

Sean,

I don't have any kind of games console, nor do I eat chocolate. As
such, I don't really have strong opinions on whether adults taking up
the offer was ethical or not.

Given that some of the other offers on the site are money off PDAs or
lastminute.com holidays, I'm not _entirely_ convinced that the
promotion was targetted at children handing over their hard-saved
pennies to buy a Mars bar rather than a competitors product.

The offer was made clear as "stocks limited", and anyone who
rushed
out to buy cholocate PURELY to save a few quid should have taken that
into account.

However, on a purely factual matter, there is some justification in
continuing to use the XBox logo on the chocollect site. One of the
rewards that IS still available is a 3-month subscription to XBOX
magazine.

It may well be that this has been a "quick rushed substitute",
but I
don't think that, as the site stands at time of writing, there's any
complaint about the site using the XBox logo.

Regards,

Mark Harrison