RE: Chocolate XBox

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Chocolate XBox
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:29:04 +0100

> I take it Phil you would have not taken up the offer had it=20
> arisen just prior to you buying an Xbox for =A3189 as you would=20
> not have wanted to 'shaft'
> those involved in the promotion?

Yup ... You're right ... I wouldn't have gone out and bought a few boxes of
chocolate to do it. I'm loud, rude and obnoxious but I have some principles
... In fact we do have a couple of boxes of chocolate bars here and they
have the promotional wrappers but they were bought by my wife for us to
hav=
to eat ... Kinda radical I know but hey - we live on the edge.

> Who is really getting shafted here anyway? What about the=20
> kids that have been spending their pocket/dinner money on=20
> Mars products hoping to get an Xbox they would otherwise not=20
> been able to afford. It's them I feel sorry for.

Yup ... They have been shafted ... By a bunch of older guys who instead of
buying a mars bar a day like the kids would bought the whole lot in one go
*AND* did it on the cheap by going to Makro/Costco which the kids couldn't
go to.

The promotion was aimed at kids ... In that respect the Xboxes would
probably have lasted till November because kids would have taken longer to
collect the wrappers. I have no objection to people getting a cheap Xbox
through the promotion ... My objection is to the abuse of the spirit of the
promotion.

> Maybe I'm the only person who thinks this, but surely posts=20
> like yours in this thread serve no other purpose than=20
> "kicking up a shitstorm". Why bother FFS? You just like=20
> winding people up don't you?

Nope ... I just get annoyed by people grumbling that a promotion which is
being abused by people in ways in which it was not intended to be abused.
You might say "Well they should have clamped down on this kind of
thing if
they hadn't intended it to happen" but FFS - this is a promotion aimed
at
kids - not grown ups!
=20
> And before you ask, no I'm not one of the bad people that=20
> tried to "shaft"
> Mars/Xbox/Argos! I'm just fed up with bullshit, pointless,=20
> unconstructive posts. NO NEED!

OK ... If there hadn't been posts bitching about "Aren't Mars
disgusting
because they've run out of Xboxes" then I wouldn't have posted.

Phil