RE: Re: Ethernet splitter

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Ethernet splitter
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:35:54 +0100

Hi Ewan,

Ethernet should work fine but I would not be attempting to use any form of
splitter if you are putting 12V on some of the wires. Accidently plugging
the DDAR into the wrong socket could prove costly.

I would take the Blue and Brown pairs of the back of the socket and
hardwire
them to the roof vent controls or at least use a different type of
connector
to prevent inadvertant damage.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk