Re: Ceiling fans

At 07:31 PM 7/23/03 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> The reason I wanted to contact them is he lost the instructions. There
> is a small weight that you can attach to the fan blade to balance the
> fan, so that it doesn't shake so much. He needs to know how and where
> to fix it. Can you help? Perhaps someone can scan the instructions and
> email them me?

The last (and only) ceiling fan I installed came with two weights.  Both
weighed exactly the same but one was metal and is glued to the top surface
of a blade.  The other was a temporary plastic clip-on.

Procedure: Observed how the fan wobbles;  Turn the fan off and attached
the clip-on weight to one of the blades near where the blade is attached
to the body.  Now run the fan and observe if the fan wobbles more or less
than before.  Repeat for each blade until you can decide which blade
is going to be most effective in reducing wobble.

Now try the clip-on weight at various distances from the hub to the tip
and again choose the position of minimum wobble.  Glue the metal weight
to the top of the blade at this position and remove the temporary
weight.

Nick.