RE: RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:15:06 +0100

ID Zero

Its one of the pins used to identify the type of monitor but you only need
to wire

1,2,3,6,7,8,13,14,5,10

All the ground pins are usually interconnected inside the equipment so it
doesnt really matter which ones you use but I do use 5 & 10 for the H
& V
grounds and the RGB grounds are the obvious pins from the layout of the
cable but as I said on my other reply... I hate those plugs.

Doing one end of the cable is fine as the leads come out in the right order
but at the other end they are the wrong way round and there isnt a lot of
space to manoeuvre. also the soldering iron tends to sting the ends of the
fingers somewhat :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

Component
> > Converter by JS Technology from Letsautomate
> > (http://www.letsautomate.com/10895.cfm?)
as it seems to get rave