RE: Help needed.....may loose job....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help needed.....may loose job....
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:49:54 +0100

Hi Brian,

Being earthed is NOT the important thing.

the Important thing is to be at the same potential as the equipment being
worked on.

If you were connected to earth and the PC was not connected to anything
then
you can zap it just as much as if the PC were earthed and you werent.

By wearing a wrist strap connected to the chassis of the equipment you were
working on you ensured that there was no difference in potential between
your body and the hardware therefore you can not zap the internals of the
PC.

Hope everything works out OK.

HTH

Keith