Re: Re: A Comets Tail :) (its a bit long)

Hiya,
thanks to everyone who has been commenting on this (with repect to the
'best
lead' approch) and I have took on board what everyone has said - so ta!

but (debates always have  'buts' :)
to quote marks reply

> Er, no. That's not what Keith said. He said that the KAT5 units seem
> to have stood up to the scrutiny of audiophiles, despite only being
> tested with cheap leads.

ok - what happens to 'the weakest link in the chain' idea? If Keiths Kat5
units can use cheap leads without any noticeable differance - then why go
for the more expensive solutions, in fact why at all?

I think i agee with your point (to quote again)
> Compared to asking here, borrowing stuff, and determining whether YOU
> can tell a difference with YOUR kit in YOUR home, has a lot going for
> it :-)
is very true but trying to find an independant hifi dealer thats local is a
problem - places like Currys / Comet on the retail parks are shutting out
the smaller trusted people, I dont think you could go to Comet and asking
borrow (or buy and return if they are crap) a range of leads. It isnt as
though these are 'physicly faulty'.

I was just after a starting point that you should be looking for with
leads/cables/connectors even (of all kinds realy) - what is the good from
the bad. I wouldn't know what properties to look out for in selecting such,
other than (I may have said) physical toughness, durability.

Again thanks
Wayne