Re: APCUPSD (was RE: APC Smart UPS 1400 cable)

Here we go....

Windows (Stable) Binaries:
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/apcupsd/winapcupsd-3.8.6.tar.gz

Linux (Stable) Source:
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/apcupsd/apcupsd-3.8.6.tar.gz

RedHat 8 (Stable) Binaries:
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/apcupsd/apcupsd-3.8.6-1_rh8.i386.rpm

Do bear in mind that the windows version is compiled against cygwin and
I haven't tried it myself. Also, I don't know how useful a rh8 binary
would be on mandrake. YMMV. If you need more info, take a look at
www.apcupsd.com

Regards,

Lee Causier, reporting from the armchair.

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 12:01, Lee Causier wrote:
> http://www.apcupsd.com/systems.html
>
> Silly me.... looks like APCUPSD supports windows too!
>
> On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 11:57, Lee Causier wrote:
> > My thought is use apcupsd on the Mandrake box with master/slave
mode and
> > write a small C++ or VB app to accept the alerts from apcupsd ond
> > perform a shutdown after 'n' minutes, leaving apcupsd to shut
down the
> > mandrake server. I'm looking into this for you and will mail you
again
> > with my thoughts in a minute. If you have anything else you'd
like to
> > say, feel free to do so :)
> >
> > Hope This Helps
> >
> > Lee Causier, back in a mo.
> >
> > On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 11:26, Paul wrote:
> > > mmm... a possibility.
> > >

> > > I have the following connected to the UPS:
> > >

> > > W2K Server - Exchange 2000, IIS - UPS serial port connected
to this currently

> > > W2K Server - ISA Server, Satellite BB connection
> > >
> > > Mandrake Linux Server - Apache, zoneminder etc
> > >

> > > For a software shutdown solution, I will obviously also need
to connect my switch to the UPS as well and software that works on Windows
and Linux boxes???

> > > Paul.

into the ups (theres a
Theres two types you