Re: OT: UK Internet based computer shops

Michael,

I assume you're talking about ComputaStore here...?
I've never had many dealings with them but, in my opinion, they were
ridiculously expensive.
Also the fact that if you happened to be in town and remembered that you
needed to buy something, you could go to the store and pay one price for it
OR you could go home order it via their online store and then go and pick
it
up for a completely different price (sometimes as much as 15% lower).
What's
the deal...?

Out of the stores mentioned, I've only had dealings with a few:

Scam
Bought once from here many moons ago - needless to say they're now
"blacklisted".
Bought some kinda PC bundle for my dad, put it together, switched it on and
enjoyed all 6 seconds before the PSU went bang.
It took me 2 weeks to get someone to answer the phone at Scam.
Then we entered the lengthy and painful returns process.
All was well in the end but took forever.

Simply
Used to use them quite a lot in the beginning
Had no problems or complaints
But switched to dabs because at the time dabs offered free delivery to NI

Dabs
Personally, my experience with dabs has been a relatively positive one.
They are reasonably cheap and efficient delivery-wise.
However, things do go wrong occasionally and it can be difficult to get
them
sorted via the CS email policy, but I prefer that to sitting in a telephone
queue constantly at position 31...

But the BEST thing to remember about dabs is that their screw-ups are
2-way.
Sometimes they screw you, other times they screw themselves...
I'm saying no more except I'm well up on them!!!

Thanks,
Andy.