Re: Libra Systems Launches AL-1 Remote Audio Control

> The idea is basically that we build put an amp on the back of the
speaker
> along with an IR controlled level control. A small unit near the audio
> source equipment would take in stereo audio and power, and output IR
from
> the remote room. The speaker in the remote room would be connected via
CAT5
> cable to this unit, and would have an inbuilt IR receiver and amp.

Sounds good.

> Trying to get it down to a reasonable price was an issue, latest
pricing
> estimates was about £299 inc. for a stereo pair system.

This doesn't seem too bad seeing it includes amps, remote etc.  You could
spend much more than this on the speakers alone.  I suppose it depends on
the quality of your speakers though.  There seems very little product
avialable between the £5 supermarjet music jobbies and the high end
"Fi"
stuff.

> QED seem to have beaten us to it with
> their new 'modular' system which has exactly this IR receiver in the
powered
> speaker idea.

URL?

Thanks