RE: How deep is your love ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: How deep is your love ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:22:21 +0100

Stuart,

(Trying to bring this thread back to your original question ;-)  )

Mine wiring closet's under the stairs. I built my own rack frame with
wheels, and it sits immediately behind the door. SWMBO can get the hoover
out ok but pretty much anything else and you have to wheel the rack out.
Surprisingly, she's ok with this (apart from being 7+ months pregnant and
unable to move the rack ATM :-/).

My rack is just shy of 600mm square, and around 1200mm tall (height from
memory). It means I probably won't get a full-depth UPS in there but that's
no biggie. It's fine for my AV kit, laser printer (until I find it a better
home), patch panels, switches etc.

Re: the PC - it was also my plan to re-case a desktop PC. I presume it's
that simple as long as you don't want to put it in a 1U/2U case (PSU, but
also PCI card heights)

HTH,

Tim H.