RE: Intro

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Intro
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:36:01 +0100

Hi Peter,

I built my own touch screen controlled computer from some stuff I bought on
eBay and brand new parts too.

Check out www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk for some brief intro to it all. Look
for the MP3 player on the projects page. I'll be updating this over the
next
few weeks as I have some new photographs to put up.

As for doing it, it is really straight forward and you could also use one
of
the VIA Eden boards but these don't have an LCD interface on them so you
can't hook up a basic TFT panel as I did but you could use a VGA input LCD
but these are much larger which is fine if this is what you want. The touch
is very easy if you can arrange to mount the LCD and touch screen yourself.

What sort of thing are you looking for?

Dave...