Re: Re: advice needed for weak signals and noise

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: advice needed for weak signals and noise
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:35:56 +0100

From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: advice needed for weak signals and noise

> It could be noise, but TBH, I've yet to see an instance of noise
killing
X10
> although I do know that it can happen, in a whole house situation.
>
> I know Ian Lowe had a similar problem at one point maybe he can come
up
with
> some suggestions as well.

Sorry for the slow response... been getting smashed out of my face for the
last five days in Holland :)

Yes, I had a whole house X-10 noise problem, and unfortunately, still do...

I tried removing each appliance once at a time, and was able to get
reliable
signal from one side to another but there wasn't a single
"guilty" appliance
that brought the noise back, just a general fuzziness as more things were
plugged back in.

I have "semi" reliable X-10 now by using a filter module on my
main feed
into node zero (so all the 24x7 Pcs, AV switching gear, PABX etc are behind
the filter) but still find that my CM12, or one of the desk controllers
won't switch on certain lamps, in certain weather, at certain times of day
and so on...

still looking for a proper solution (other than switching to C-bus or
similar)

Ian.