Re: OT - Just seen inside a Woolwich ATM machine

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT - Just seen inside a Woolwich ATM machine
  • From: "Dave Gurr" <davidgu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:25:13 -0000

You shouldn't be that surprised ... once you get an OS virtually
embedded in a particular type of usage, folks just use it forever.

If the hardware doesn't change, if the usage pattern stays the same,
and if the requirements can still be satisfied, what's to be gained
in changing it?

I used to work for SCO ... and this is one of the reasons that they
still have many customers still running ancient SCO XENIX systems,
despite the fact that they stopped selling it or supporting it at
least 5 years ago ...