Re: Where to but HTPC case ??

I had a chance to see one of the MSI Mega PC's on the shelf in M**lins
about
a week ago... I didn't buy one, mainly because SWMBO first comment was
"it
looks like an Amstrad"

To put that into perspective, what she was getting at (I think) is that the
front panel is not aluminium, it's all plastic (and looks it). The display
is LCD, and even when off (the unit was not powered), it's one of those
LCD's where all the displayable elements are faintly visible all the time.
Also there seems to be no choice of the accent colour that is painted down
the sides of the front panel, - and it's a particularly unmatching shade of
"rust" which won't co-ordinate with anything in my living room!

So, for my money, I decided it wasn't quite there yet, - its a nice idea,
its a good spec PC, and its undeniably a good price (when you consider that
some HCPC cases alone cost as much...) but frankly, it's obviously built to
a price, and I don't want anything that looks cheap & plasticy next to
my
very expensive plasma panel.... ;-)

As ever, you pays your money, and you takes your choice...

Paul G.