RE: OT - Just seen inside a Woolwich ATM machine

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: OT - Just seen inside a Woolwich ATM machine
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:38:47 +0100

The company I work for still uses OS/2 Warp for a lot of the larger
equipment (cheque reader/sorters - basically very high speed scanners).  We
did start the migration to W2K, but in the end it just got too complicated
without delivering any value. OS/2 is very fast/stable for
transaction-based
processing, W2K apparently has too many overheads to make it efficient
enough.

It's OK though, we keep the OS2 team riiight at the end of the corridor ;-)
(they're a bit strange!)