RE: [OT] Extending Wireless Networks

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Extending Wireless Networks
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:54:49 +0100

More questions

If I've got the Wireless router at the front of the house, would it
simply be a matter of connecting another WAP to another part of the same
network to extend the network?

Would this mean I'd have two separate Wireless networks (and would this
matter)?

Would devices "switch" from one to another seamlessly?

What would happen in the overlap area?

Sorry for these fairly rudimentary questions :-(

Cheers
Don

anything to do
with
> > received signal strength? I only have a laptop with built in
Wifi.
If I