RE: Cordless drills

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cordless drills
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:57:54 +0100

Peter,

Just to toss another name into the ring - Makita. My regular hire shop has
moved over to these and replaced all their Bosch and DeWalt with Makita.

I've used the corded Makita stuff and it's great - the angle drill didn't
even flinch at large holes cut though my floor joists. I've not used Bosch
or DW so I've no personal experience comments. Makita offer their cordless
drills with NiMH batteries instead of NiCad - they were the only company I
saw doing this when I looked just over a year ago but things have probably
changed by now.

Incidentally I bought a B&D 12V one via mail order from a B&D
outlet at Clarke's in Somerset (catalogue returns etc. phone: 01458-840205)

HTH,

Tim H.

TIA

Pete