RE: IBM drives, was Re: 180gb Drive Format ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IBM drives, was Re: 180gb Drive Format ?
  • From: "Ian Willoughby" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:38:59 +0100

I have had a 180GXP in my desktop for around 9 months now (Pre Hitachi)
and=
I have not had a single problem. I have had my 40GB WD go titsup.com and a=
second 40GB WD drive is making similar noises. The IBM is not the quietest=
drive on the block but it does hold its own on speed. I think IBM went thr=
ough a bad patch with reliability and this rep has stuck but my next drive
=
will be an IBM/Hitachi and not a WD.=0D
=0D
R's=0D