Re: UKHA 2003 - How about a Tivo Upgrade area

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: UKHA 2003 - How about a Tivo Upgrade area
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:33:45 +0000

Although I have already upgraded my Tivo (& therefore don't require the use
of the upgrade service), I would also hesitate to describe my self as in any
way "competent" at doing so (& therefore would probably shy away from
offering the service), I nevertheless think this is quite a good idea...

Punters need not bring the whole Tivo with them, - just the new hard disk of
their choice, ready to accept a new image..

I would also think there might be interest in a configuration service for
the Turbonet cards as well?...

On the other note, I will in all probability be providing a server again for
this years meet, and I am also more than happy to bring along a 2nd PC which
I have already used to perform my Tivo hard disk upgrade... (i.e. it has a
single HDD with Win98SE installed, a boot-capable CDROM drive and BIOS setup
for CD booting, and a MSFSTools bootable CD still in the drive... (oh, and
the side taken off for fast drive swaps!)

Paul G.

>From: Doogie Brodie <ukhad@xxxxxxx>
>Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:18:54 +0000
>
>Tom Dubourg  wrote:
>
> > 2) Would you like to volunteer to perform/supervise a Tivo upgrade
> > process?
>
>I'm up for that sort of stuff, but since I'm coming down from Glasgow, I
>can't bring any significant hardware.... as long as a basic shell of a
>pc or two are available on site... :)
>
>--
>Doogie

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway