Beware of CCLComputers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Beware of CCLComputers
  • From: "Neil Fuller" <neil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:39:52 -0000

All

Maybe a little OT but I know a few of you already have these machines and others are contemplating buying one so take heed when dealing with CCL Computers . . .

CCL Computers are currently advertising Shuttle based PCs (the neat little jobbies about the size of a large shoe box) on the back page of Computer Shopper .

Thinking that this would be an ideal unit to go in the living room (they are quiet as well as being small) to use as a web browser, DVD player etc etc, I purchased one of their E-station X-20 machines.

It's advertised as having TV out so it's no problem to hook it up to the TV for use as a DVD player and games machine. I also confirmed that fact when I placed the order by phone.

However, it turns out that the machine _does not_ have TV out. I called CCL. Their response was that they could -

"sell me a Video card (at 10% discount - wow!) but that was all they could do - Oh, by the way, the small print does say E&OE"

So, if you do buy one of these PC's, beware, it does not come with TV out and CCL will hide behind the small print for any problems.

Shame really - I was going to buy 2 more from them but I shall go elsewhere now.

Cheers

Neil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway