Dippy freeview questions

All

I don't own a Freeview box (Sky & TiVo), but I finally managed to get
my
Out-laws on the technology super highway and convinced them to buy the
half-price Nokia mediamaster from that nice man in Currys a couple of weeks
ago (and they didn't take the extended warranty for the bargain price of
only 40% of the purchase cost! - this is progress!).

Obviously it stayed sealed in the box until I went round there to connect
it
up, however, once done, it worked fine, but the terrestrial picture was
quite snowy for all channels.  Take the Freeview box out of the loop, and
all is well again.  The pictures on their TV are normally pretty good, so
is
it just the case that the Freeview box sucks more than it's fair share of
the signal?  If this is the case, maybe I should put it last in the loop,
as
currently the RF goes Freeview -> VCR -> TV.

Finally, one other dim question; is there a TV guide, other than the
banners
that pop up, and BBCi?  I was just expecting a TiVo or Sky style guide, but
if it was there, I couldn't find it (which is no great loss, as they
obviously buy the Daily Mail anyway ;-) )

Fanks

Pete

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx