RE: Re: Help me with my new flat shopping list

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Help me with my new flat shopping list
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:01:05 -0000

> Arghh thats what I needed a reson NOT to buy a plasma. After many a
> lunchtime discussion with mate he said plasma was better than
projector
> because of bulb costs etc.

Once it's hung on the wall then a plasma isn't a worry - it'll be sat there
for the next 15 years without moving anyway! If you buy new from a dealer
then it's their problem if it arrives buggered...

The other thing as well is that the boxes for plasmas *SHOULD* only be used
once - the usual boxes are actually held together by the handles which are
part of the structure of the box. I wouldn't want to trust a plasma box
being used for a second time in the hands of a courier and a new box from
the manufacturers is about £100 (!) ...

Bulbs for projectors generally cost about £300 and typically last about
1500
hours so although there is a cost involved it's not too huge...

> However this is the first time I've ever heard how fragile they are. I
know
> what I'm like !!! it will be broken within days. I brought a second
hand
car
> stereo and blew it up because I was not careful enough..

They only break if you don't follow the instructions ... it clearly says on
the box that they must be kept upright and if it's your £2k in front of you
then you'll be carefull (as would any decent installer) however Omega /
Parcelfarce might well not be so carefull.

> 3) Had a reply about wireless however would love to get into an
> IRC session
> with people. I will check the schedule and hopefully catch some of you

There's a UKHA IRC group...

Phil

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx