Re[2]: Omnicom FS2828 (was:PABX and ADSL phone lines)

Steve, the FS2828 does well enough most of the time, but I have some minor
and one major gripe. In order of importance ..

A couple of times it has hung totally, so that you cannot make calls, even
>from
by power cycling a few times, but one loses confidence. My asnswerphone is
on the main incoming line for this reason (and to pick up CLI / CID).

Whenever I drop the power, or we get a mains glitch, it loses the time, and
often the programmed in settings.

You can't do a three way conversation.

There is sometimes a hiss (not the usual capacitor mains hum problem).

If you want to open it to check it out - see the major gripe - you have to
disconnect all eight lines and reconnect them.

If I could reprogram it I would also automatically route numbers starting
with 0 to the outside world.

I would also like a couple more extensions.

Apart from that it works fine.

Pete

On 17/12/2003 at 11:48 Steve Morgan wrote:

>Pete,
>
>What's wrong with your Omnicom? There's a number of common faults that
are
>easy enough to fix and I've still never found a reasonable alternative.
>
>I also have ADSL and an Omnicom FS2828 PABX and, as you say, it works
just
>fine.
>
>Steve

phone
>> line when you were using it - even if it worked,
>>
>> On a slightly different topic, my exchange - Omnicom FS2828 -
>> is a bit creaky and sometimes loses it's marbles, so I'm
>> thinking of a self build.
>> Has anyone here been down that road?
>>
>> Pete
>

>UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004