GU10 surface mount spots solution

Hi All,

Well, I thought I should follow up my frantic requests for possible
lighting
solutions to the groups with what I have actually now ordered.

I had some good information from green island lighting
www.greeenisland.co.uk on possible mains suspended solutions.

Also www.metalspot.it had some very interesting options that someone on the
group had the possiblity of getting at a good cost from Italy ( I will
leave
it to them to stick their head over the parapet!)

In the end I have gone with GU10 surface spots from the german company
paul-neuhaus which they refer to as E-spots, being specifically designed
for
ceilings etc.

Unfortunately, although their catalogue references a web page, there is
only
an ISP front page at the site.

Many of the single spots that are in catalogues have switches on the actual
base plate, or the base plate is raised, being more of a short cylinder
than
a thin plate.

As my roof is angled to the occupant, these bases would stick out in view.

But the E-spots are the only ones I have found with a thin wall plate, and
simple bulb holder on a  stalk.

The bulb holder is a little bit more flash than I wanted, but is available
in brushed steel.

They do a lovely ultra simple bulb holder in the slate range, (if you can
find it without the silly shade) but that is not available in the cieling
mount version :-(

The cost is approx 32 euro's + vat, but that includes a osram GU10.

Thanks all for your comments, as usual it has been an education.

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx