Cat 8 Cable

I've just had a quick look at the cat 8 standard for cabling, prompted by
an
article in the December edition
of the Digital Home magazine claiming that "For a really serious
networked
home you would have to look at flood wiring the rooms
with cat 8 cable using RJ45 outlets".

Quite frankly I'm stunned by such a claim, considering firstly that I can't
find any cable manufacturer that is making cat 8 and
secondly that I didn't think the standard was approved. Also with a brief
look at the proposed standard it looks like it wouldn't use RJ45 anyhow.

Does anyone know anything about Cat 8?
Has anyone used it or is using it?
Do you think it's the future of residential wiring, considering the specs
quote a 1.2Ghz range?

Thanks

Martin