RE: Cat 5 doublers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cat 5 doublers
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:37:27 -0000

Malcolm,

I use a variation on these to run ethernet and telephone down the same
cable. They're basically the same but with slightly different wiring. I
also
have some ethernet doublers, but I've not tried them yet. However, the
ethernet+phone ones are absolutely fine.

As you correctly assume, you plug one of them at each end.

The ones I have are a different make and come from Lindy
(http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolder/03/34003/index.php).
Although they're
listed as 10Base-T, I've had no problems with them running at 100Base-TX.

Steve