From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Cool-looking keypads

> Hi Mark
>             The qprox swiches that Ian mentioned would be nice
.....Just
another thought what about using  ir control ??? ...I have used an ir to
relay board to select my cameras on my camera switcher .....The ir unit can
control 10 relays (the relays are not included in the kit)...

> Frank

A/V
Source Switcher units, one per room.   These are all installed at Node-0
and
I want to just run the selector switch contacts from Node-0 to a new keypad
in each room.

>   This just requires six SPST, non-latching type push buttons /
contacts.

>   With some other functions on the keypad, I am looking at approx.
12-16
push buttons.   (I'm going to remote wire the CD Jukebox to the keypad as
well, for functions like play / pause / next track etc)

>   It looks like I'll have to build some sort of keypad myself, however
achieving a quality finish with maplin-type switches etc is going to be
tough.