Cool-looking keypads

Evening all,

As part of a whole-house audio system, i am using some electronic A/V
Source Switcher units, one per room.   These are all installed at Node-0
and I want to just run the selector switch contacts from Node-0 to a new
keypad in each room.

This just requires six SPST, non-latching type push buttons / contacts.

With some other functions on the keypad, I am looking at approx. 12-16 push
buttons.   (I'm going to remote wire the CD Jukebox to the keypad as well,
for functions like play / pause / next track etc)

It looks like I'll have to build some sort of keypad myself, however
achieving a quality finish with maplin-type switches etc is going to be
tough.

Anyone found an alternative option that achieves the above and looks smart
etc?

Your ideas would be appreciated!
Cheers,

Mark