Re: Rapidhoster !

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Rapidhoster !
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 09:49:31 -0000

Ian makes some very valid points here about cost/benefit.

As you probably know, I have worked for some major websites which
demanded 99.9% uptime (with penalties from their service providers if
those SLAs weren't met).

The hosting companies able to provide such services typically charge
several THOUSAND per MONTH.

You get what you pay for. Actually, Rapidhoster is fine to run my
business, but I don't have a transactional website, and if I'm on a
client site, then access to email is seldom viable because I'm
working on THEIR systems... and if I'm at home, I can live with the
odd service blip.

In terms of Rapidhoster, I've had the odd blip of a few minutes, and
one overnight outage... and my support tickets have been responded to
quickly.

Mark