RE: [OT] Terabytes [was IDE]

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Terabytes [was IDE]
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:26:21 -0000

> >Looking at some drives for me terabytes.
> >I would like to use 5400 drives to cut down noise and heat, the
> ones I am looking at are UIDE rather than ATA/133, what's the
> difference and can I use them.
> >
> >Alancc
>
> Just an idle thought, but has anybody reached the magic 1 terabyte
> figure in a single system yet?  At home that is.
>
> And if so, what on earth do you fill it with?  :)

Yup ... passed it a good while ago. 12 x 160Gb drives in one machine. Full
of ISO DVD images as my movie server.

Would have 16 x 160Gb drives in it (the "spare" 4 x 160s are
currently in my
FTP server as a 640Gb array) but I can't get them all internally however
someone on here found these guys
http://www.span.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_1302&products_id=2924
which looks like it might just be the chappie for the job.

Phil