Re: caller id (and talkworks)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: caller id (and talkworks)
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:31:38 -0000

Ross,

I assume you're using a Meteor. The Meteor-CLI piece is available for
Windows and Linux.

The SliMP3 piece is, as you say, a .NET application. There is a
console version available, which SHOULD (ho ho ho) work with one of
the .NET implementations for linux.

However, we've not done ANY testing of this... (but would be very
interesting if you were to.)

I guess that, by the middle of next year, Mono will be a usable
product, which bodes well for the .NET-on-linux community.

In the meantime, it may be that Rotor for Linux is a better bet.
(Rotor is the BSD .NET runtime, and Microsoft did a lot of the
development.)

Regards,

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ross McKillop <home@i...> wrote:
> The only xAP / SliMP3 thing I could find required windows .NET,
does
> anyone know of (or can give me a download link) of a linux version
so I
> can get CID information on a SliMP3 (both the CID modem and the
SliMP3