Re: caller id (and talkworks)

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 00:25:08 -0000, "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

[munch]
> More people have skills in
>software, and it's much easier to go through many, many development
cycles.
>It's simply a matter of what people can do in their spare time. We all,
>after all, have day jobs.

With you 100% in all of that Ian.

[edited down simply to save space]
><RANT>
>A point I made at HA Scotland is that the development of xPL is built
around
>the needs and wants of the core developers.

>The development that we spend our hobby time on is for *OUR* benefit,
></RANT>

:-)

I doubt I'd be as bold as you there, Ian, but I can't say I differ in
opinion very much! Key points above as far as I'm concerned. I for one
do things that interest me the most, things that *I* can use. And if
somebody has a direct use for it all the better.

It's totally fantastic fun doing all of this, and it's a total thrill
when somebody else uses it to solve a problem they want too. I was
utterly delighted when a friend bought a SliMP3 after seeing new email
available messages being displayed on mine.

Personally speaking all this work solves problems, we know it does.
It's great when somebody comes along with a problem and we can
demonstrate how The X Series Protocols solve it.

I still can't believe the number of hours I've put into this, and I'm
sure you guys are on a similar schedule.

Watch this space, folks...

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/