Radio HA - was Re: X10 - how ? Doogie

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Radio HA - was Re: X10 - how ? Doogie
  • From: "Jon Boden" <jrboden@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:44:04 -0000

spotted this but still not seen any other info on encryption

"What keeps my neighbor from controlling my home?

When you set up your system, a unique ID is assigned to each module.=20
This insures that no one else can control your home. Each system=20
requires at least one handheld remote control. This remote is used to=20
add modules to your home and each remote is shipped with a=20
unique "Home ID". Each module has a button that is used to add
the=20
module to the system. The remote control is used to keep a
"master"=20
copy of the location of each module. It then computes the proper=20
routing to insure that every module can be reached."