RE: Radio HA - was Re: X10 - how ? Doogie

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Radio HA - was Re: X10 - how ? Doogie
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:32:47 -0000

=20

Here is the US page for say Homeseer - who sell them

http://tinyurl.com/xvcg

$35-40 for the modules and $55 for the remote - The US dollar rate is good
for us at the moment so about =A330 and =A340 landed inc duty but then
plus=
VAT
which I was charged. Please note these are US versions. UK versions will
have different frequencies, CE approval, 240V 50Hz operation and UK style
plug fittings.  The UK versions are bound to be more expensive based on
volume and the marketing requirements. I believe Autom8it are going to be
supplying them in the new year in the UK.

>>If ZWave has encrypted RF signals, it maybe a goer. If it's clear,
then
not something i'd touch with a >>bargepole for automating my house
:-)

>>Gareth Cook

They have a system to pair transmitters to receivers which is quite
effective - requires physical access to hold a button down -  only these
paired units work together. However I suspect this is not encrypted as
such=
.