Re: Linksys WMA11B / Hauppage MediaMVP + Linux {Scanned for Viruses}

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Linksys WMA11B / Hauppage MediaMVP + Linux {Scanned for Viruses}
  • From: yahoo@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:11:35 +0000

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 06:17:28PM +0000, Ross McKillop wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any way of making either the Linksys
> WMA11B or the Hauppauge MediaMVP work with a Linux server (they're
both
> based on Linux themselves, so I would have thought this was possible!)

Appears not. Here's a copy of the email I got from tech support:

Quote:

"We do not have any Linux support but here is some information about
MediaMVP
and Linux.

The source code for the Kernel and Busybox mods is here:
ftp://167.206.143.11/latest/MediaMVPsrc/mvpdist1.1.21315.tgz
 (28MB,
slow
FTP)
It's also mirrored here: (an FTP server that supports restarts)
ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/mediamvp_linux_src/mvpdist1.1.21315.tgz

and there's discussion about "hacking" the MdeiaMVP, here:
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3433

Hopefully something there's of help...

Steev