Re: Anyone using a Loftbox ?? - Anyone ??

Yeup, I also have a loftbox and it works very well.  I think you only
need the double coax for the satelite/ arial down link (to the sky
box) and return up for distribution around the house.  All the other
rooms actually only need a single distribution down feed.

The faceplates are single gang size.  Not the greatest quality
plastic though.

Limitations (others may care to comment):

- Quality is surprisingly good for a coax (think that's composite???)
based system but its prob not upto rgb/svideo standards but we do not
have a prob in the secondary rooms.

- I think (not 100% sure though) that the sky box only puts a mono
audio signal on the coax out so no stereo nicam in the other rooms
(bit difficult to test as our secondary rooms are all mono anyway)

- I'm not sure if you can send sat down signals to all rooms.  I have
a feeling this doesnot work as there is a filter in the
loftbox/plates that takes out the high frequency). Again, I can't
test directly.

Best alternative would seem to be Kat5 - might add up to be a bit
more than Loftbox but I understand that it would give better
quality / flexibility.  Sure others can comment.  However you would
use up the precious cat 5 runs as these would have to be dedicated
and would not be available for other work and you would have
redundant coax runs.

Rgds

Richard

<etj_webster@h...>