RE: C-Bus Course

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: C-Bus Course
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:26:34 -0000

xAP/C-BUS Yes - I already have available/shipped pre-releases of the
xAP to C-Bus gateway. The firmware will continue to evolve and can be
upgraded by the end user .

HomeVision/C-Bus  - I have finished the macros and this will be
supportable once the next 3.4 ROM is released by CSI - it is just going
through QA now.  I will also have a hardware connected C-Bus controller to
connect to a HomeVison serial port and directly to C-Bus. This will be more
capabable than the macro solution as it uses much less HV resources. BTW
this is the same hardware as the xAP to C-Bus gateway - and in fact will
provide connectivity between all three (xAP, HomeVision and C-Bus) - plus
intended support for a few other 'useful' connected devices too eg the VIOM
input output board , Meteor Caller ID unit and X10.

HomeSeer support for C-Bus will happen through a number of routes -
via an intermediary probably - the delay inherent in X10 will not be there
for C-Bus. Some more news here very soon.

xAP is proving to be a godsend in all of this as it provides the
underpinning allowing devices and applications  to be distributed yet
interact in any combination. No more point to point they are just network
devices. I keep people posted on all this on the xAP mailing list if you're
interested http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/
or on the
HomeVision users list.

Kevin