(ot?) sava-plug

Hi,

Does anyone here use sava-plugs? If you don't know they are plugs that
you connect your freezer to, and they are supposed to cut the running
costs by some large percentage.

If you do use them, can you tell me: do they work?

Also, can you use them with frost free freezers?

I know it is not strictly HA but many people here will like buying
"gadgets" and may have one. I have been using one but I have now
bought a frost free freezer. The salesman told me I do not need it
with a frost free freezer as such freezers include this circuitry
already, but I have had conflicting advice. I think he is right
because the led does not light when plugged into the freezer.

Can anyone confirm this? And if so, does anyone want one ;)

Thanks,
Stephen.