Re: Large room audio setup required.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Large room audio setup required.
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:43:00 -0000

I would recommend a "proper" mono PA system.

3000 sq foot, I'd use 8 x 100v speakers, tapped at 5-10 watts, and a
60w pa amp, with music input and microphone.  A quick look at CPC or
similar will find you this sort of kit.  Ideally ceiling mount
speakers, but wall mount will be fine.

The advantage of more speakers is that you get better coverage
without loud hot-spots and inaudible quiet spots.  The advantage of
100v line is its easy to wire, just bung speakers in parallel on the
line up to the rating of your amp (or there abouts).  Its also
fairly cheap!